Titanium Nail Seasoning: Why and How-to Guide
Why Season your Nail:
Without properly seasoning your new titanium nail, your essential oil might have a slightly metallic taste. It's the same principle as cast iron pans... if you cook on an unseasoned cast iron pan, your food is going to taste funky. Seasoning your nail will also remove polishes from the manufacturing process off of the nail's surface.
How to Season your Nail:
Place your nail on the joint of your rig. (At this point, you'll know for sure if you bought the correct size nail).
- Take your torch (preferably butane) and evenly heat up the titanium until it begins to turn red hot. (No need to overheat the nail at this stage).
- Using a titanium dabber, put on your essential oil concentrate to the cup of your hot nail and "coat" the areas you want to be seasoned.
Allow nail to cool down a little bit and repeat Step 3, three to five times.
- Congratulations, your nail is ready to use.
How to Clean your Nail:
- Place your titanium nail in a bowl or container.
- Pour 91% isopropyl into the bowl until your nail is fully submerged in alcohol.
- Remove nail from solution and allow it to air dry.
Read Our Most Popular Blog Posts:
Best Titanium Nails Made in the U.S.A.
How To Season Your Titanium Nail
Santa Cruz Shredder Omni Nail Review
Ultimate Guide to Carb Caps
Pulse Glass: True Game Changers in the Glass Industry
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.